Just as women can turn to mommy makeovers to restore their pre-baby bodies, men now have the “daddy do-over” to combat the “dad bod.” The daddy do-over refers to a set of face and body procedures that aim to address aging and body concerns that many men face during and after fatherhood. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), the daddy do-over trend is partially responsible for the increase in male plastic surgery procedures. More than 1.3 million cosmetic procedures were performed on men in 2018.
Learn more about the daddy do-over trend from top Sacramento plastic surgeon Dr. Donald Hause.
Benefits of the Daddy Do-Over
Daddy do-over involves combining two or more cosmetic procedures into a single operation. Combining multiple procedures into a single operation offers men several benefits, including:
Comprehensive results. Having multiple procedures done at once is a great option if you have more than one problem area or want more noticeable results.
One recovery and faster results. A combination procedure means you only have to plan for one recovery. It also allows you to see your final results sooner than if you stage out multiple procedures.
Cost-effective. With a combination procedure, you only pay for certain fees (e.g., anesthesia, facility) once.
What Does the Daddy Do-Over Include?
- Facelift to remove excess skin on the cheeks and along the jawline. Displaced fat can be reshaped and repositioned for a more youthful appearance. Lines, wrinkles, and creases around the mouth, below the lower eyelids, and on the cheeks can be smoothed out.
- Eyelid surgery to restore a more energetic and youthful eye appearance. Droopy upper eyelids are lifted while under-eye bags, and lines and wrinkles around the lower eyelids, are corrected.
- Brow lift to reposition a drooping brow for a well-rested and rejuvenated look. The procedure is often combined with facelift and/or eyelid surgery for more comprehensive results.
- Laser skin resurfacing to correct an array of skin and aging concerns, including age spots, hyperpigmentation, lines, wrinkles, and uneven skin tone.
- Body lift to tighten loose skin and tissue on the midsection, thighs, and buttocks.
- Tummy tucks to remove loose skin on the abdomen. The remaining skin and tissue are tightened for a flatter and firmer abdomen.
- Liposuction to remove stubborn pockets of fat that are resistant to diet and exercise. A versatile procedure, liposuction can be used to slim the abdomen, chest area, upper arms, waist, back, thighs, and face.
Like mommy makeovers, daddy do-over is customized to the needs and goals of each patient. If you are interested in discussing your cosmetic needs and goals with a board-certified plastic surgeon, schedule a personal consultation with Dr. Hause. Call (916) 646-6869 today.