The day of your plastic surgery procedure is sure to be a busy one. You’ll want to make sure everything is in order and ready to go, so you can focus on a successful recovery and exceptional results. With this in mind, Dr. Donald Hause offers advice to help you develop a day-of-plastic-surgery checklist.
Get Your Questions Answered Before Your Surgery Date
Be sure your surgeon has answered all of your questions prior to your procedure. In the initial consult and pre-operative visits, your surgeon and his team should inform you of:
- The details of your procedure
- The length of the procedure
- What to expect during recovery
- Any restrictions following your procedure
You’ll also want to know who to call if something unexpected occurs after your surgery.
Know What to Bring to the Surgery Center
The day of your plastic surgery, you should bring:
- Any last-minute completed paperwork
- A photo ID and possibly your insurance card (although most plastic surgery procedures are not covered by insurance).
If you wear contacts, take them out and wear glasses instead. Wear comfortable, baggy clothes that will be easy to put on after the procedure. Additionally, you will want arrange for a family member or friend to take you home following your procedure and someone to stay with you for the first 24 hours after surgery.
Prepare Your Home and Family for Recovery
In the days leading up to surgery, you will need to stock your home with:
- Gauze and tape
- Postoperative medications and over-the-counter pain medications (if needed)
- Movies, books and games to entertain you while you recover.
Take care to follow your discharge and medication instructions when you arrive home. By being prepared, you will reduce post-op risks and be more comfortable after surgery, thus ensuring a more successful recovery and result.
Contact Dr. Hause
To learn more about how plastic surgery can enhance your appearance and well-being, contact Dr. Hause at (916) 646-6869 or via email today.